Sr. Mainframe Programmer Analyst
|Start Date / End Date: ||09/15/2013 to 06/29/2014|
- The Georgia Client (Client), Office of Information Technology (Client), is seeking qualified candidates for the position of Sr. Mainframe Programmer Analyst in Atlanta, Georgia.
- This position will have responsibility to confer with user departments and System Administrator regularly to identify computerization needs and determines how the desired results can be achieved. Analyzes existing systems and programs and develops or recommends new systems or modifications to existing systems.
- Reviews and analyzes system specifications to determine whether all required elements have been included.
- Consults with clients to gather information about program needs, objectives, functions, features, and input and output requirements.
- Analyzes, defines, and documents requirements for data, workflow, logical processes, interfaces with other applications, internal and external checks and controls, and outputs.
- Uses programming languages to code computer instructions from application documentation. Utilizes any special programming techniques necessary to achieve the most effective program.
- Tests and debugs computer programs.
- Modifies existing programs to conform to application changes or to make improvements in the existing program.
- Advises and works with user departments to resolve specific problems with regard but not limited too, computer applications, capabilities, alternative programming approaches, limitations, etc.
- Writes and maintains documentation to describe program development, logic, coding, testing, changes, and corrections.
- Monitors performance of programs after implementation
- Maintains relationships with other departments and agencies.
- 5 to 6 years of experience which include programming new and modifying existing application programs of moderate difficulty, experience in analysis and design of application enhancements and report layouts, conversion of customer needs into logical flowcharts for coding into computer language, creating and modifying JCL, DB2 tables and documentation.
- Must have recent coding, testing, debugging and documentation experience and be able to be productive immediately.